Green Electricity for the Cafe
We are pleased to announce that a total of 67 solar PV panels have been added to the cafe roof and are producing “green” electricity. In fact, each panel is capable of generating 420 watts. The Expert Energy Group carried out the installation using a 3-phase 25kw Solis inverter which enables power to be provided to all our electrical kitchen equipment, heating and lighting.
The location, design and cafe opening hours are a benefit to the output obtained.
- There is no shading from trees or buildings, which allows the solar panels to receive maximum sunlight throughout the whole day.
- The glare from the sea also assists the solar panels to generate electricity.
- The low pitch of the roof makes it easier for the panels to absorb sunlight.
- The cafe uses nearly all its electricity during the sunniest time of the day.
- We are fortunate to be in "sunny" Clacton, which, (although we may not think it on some days) has the reputation of being one of the sunniest places in the U.K.
On your next visit to the cafe, you will be drinking your coffee heated from green electricity, knowing that it is made with energy directly from the sun. The use of solar power is, not only saving energy costs, but it also reduces our carbon footprint. This enables us to maintain lower food prices and offer a more environmentally friendly option to customers.
Helping, albeit in a small way, to assist in the global race to bring carbon emissions down to net zero is essential. We hope this will inspire others to explore renewable energy options to help the world to move towards a more sustainable future.